A comprehensive survey of English verb patterns for teachers and learners. It presents a detailed treatment of over 450 verb patterns, with structure boxes showing clearly the elements in each verb pattern.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
GRAMMAR PATTERNS 1: VERBS
This grammar is the first authoritative and comprehensive survey of English verb patterns for teachers and learners. It presents a completely fresh description of English verbs, based on the most complete corpus analysis of verbs ever undertaken. Each pattern is explained in detail. All the verbs with that pattern are listed in groups based on meaning. Clear structural information and examples show the learner exactly how the verbs are used, supporting productive language learning. The comprehensive lists provide an excellent resource for vocabulary building.
• detailed treatment of over 700 verb patterns
• coverage of 9000 verb senses
• thousands of real spoken and written examples taken from The Bank of English
• structure tables showing clearly the elements in each verb pattern
• hundreds of illuminating lists of verbs with similar meanings and functions
• indexes of patterns, verbs, and meaning categories providing easy access to the grammar
• verb frequency information
• based on the user-friendly grammar coding in the new, revised 'Collins COBUILD English Dictionary'
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Collins CoBUILD, 1996. Book Condition: very good. Gently used. Expect delivery in 20 days. Bookseller Inventory # 9780003750621-3