A comprehensive AS and A-level History text on Europe in the late nineteenth and twentieth centuries, written by experienced teachers who are also examiners.
Includes historical interpretations, document source questions, explanation of difficult words and concepts and a study skills section for exam preparation.
1) Synoptic Chapter: Europe 1870-1989
2) The Consolidation of Russian Conservatism 1855-1894
3) Germany under Bismarck 1871-1890
4) The Third French Republic
5) The Crisis of Russian Aristocracy 1894-1917
6) Germany and Austria-Hungary 1890-1914
7) The Causes and Course of the First World War
8) Russia in Revolution 1917-1924
9) The USSR under Stalin 1924-1953
10) Democracy in Crisis between the Wars: France, Spain, Hungary, Poland
11) Italy 1870-1945
12) Germany 1918-1945
13) International Relations 1919-1945
14) The Second World War
15) The Cold War
16) The Move to Western European Union
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
TES review of the first book in the series (Britain 1815-1918):
Put out more flags
Hard-pressed heads of History with budgets to manage must have been waiting impatiently for years for someone to reinvent the one-volume textbook at a reasonable price. Collins have done it.
The best-selling and trusted name in AS and A-level History!
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Collins Educational, 2000. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110003271331