A comprehensive AS and A-level text on twentieth-century Britain, written by acknowledged experts.
Includes historical interpretations, document source questions, explanation of difficult words and concepts and a study skills section for exam preparation.
1. Britain in 1914
2. The Liberal Party 1918-2000: Decline and revival
3. British foreign and imperial policy 1918-1939
4. Social and economic history 1918-1939
5. The Conservative Party 1918-1939
6. The Labour Party 1918-1939
7. The social and political impact of the Second World War: The Road to 1945
8. The decline of Empire and the rise of the Commonwealth 1945-2000
9. The Labour Party 1945-2000
10. The Conservative Party 1945-2000
11. The social and economic transformation of Britain 1945-2000
12. Britain and Europe 1945-2000
13. Anglo-Irish relations 1914-2000
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Brilliant book; it really helped me with my studies of 20th-century Britain. I found the sections on British-Irish relations extremely good.
Paul Gish, amazon
TES review of the first book in the series (Britain 1815-1918):
Put out more flags
Hard-pressed heads of History with budgets to manage must have been waiting impatiently for years for someone to reinvent the one-volume textbook at a reasonable price. Collins have done it.
The best-selling and trusted name in AS and A-level History!
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Collins Educational, 2000. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 3271315