A completely revised and extended edition of this popular A level geography title, which places more emphasis on tourism, especially global tourism.
This books covers:
1. Leisure demand and supply
2. Leisure and the urban environment
3. The great outdoors: countryside recreation
4. Managing recreation in the changing countryside
5 Travel and tourism in the the United Kingdom
6. The global explosion of tourism
7.The search for sustainable tourism
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Part of the Collins A Level Geography Series this title applies relevant concepts and models in the context of case studies of participation, policy and provision.From the Back Cover:
Part of the Collins A Level Geography Series this title applies relevant concepts and models in the context of case studies of participation, policy and provision.
'COLLINS A LEVEL GEOGRAPHY' Each of the 11 books in this
outstanding series examines a different aspect of A level Geography.
• is in full colour
• includes a wide range of high-quality diagrams, maps and photographs
• has clear, accessible text
• contains a variety of activities
• includes relevant and up-to-date case studies to provide context and depth to
major concepts and theories
• employs a range of scales and locations to discuss economically
developing and newly industrialised countries
• adopts a systems approach, with the emphasis on the relationship between people
and the environment
'LEISURE, RECREATION AND TOURISM,' Robert Prosser
This full-colour text is part of the Collins A Level Geography Series.
'LEISURE, RECREATION AND TOURISM' applies relevant concepts and models in the context of case studies of participation, policy and provision, drawn mainly from the UK. Throughout, the emphasis is upon issues and decision-making.
The principle themes explored are:
• The varied world of leisure
• leisure demand and supply relationships
• public and private sector policies and provision for leisure
• leisure and land use patterns in urban environments
• resource provision and management for countryside recreation
• the changing character and impacts of tourism in the UK
• the global explosion of tourism and its implications
(C = Concepts, CS = Case Studies)
• 'The varied world of leisure'
C: Lifestyles and resource demands
• 'Leisure demand and supply'
C: Demand-supply relationships
• 'Leisure organisation and participation'
• 'Leisure in urban environments'
CS: Birmingham: leisure diaries; the International Convention Centre
C: The Hierachy concept; land values
• 'Urban leisure; private sector providers'
CS: Coventry; Tomorrow's Leisure plc
• 'Urban leisure: the public sector'
CS: Mansfield District Council; Wyndley Leisure Centre
• 'Countryside recreation'
CS: the Pennine Way
C: Access and accessibility; the origin-destination model; carrying capacity
• 'Managing leisure in the changing countryside'
CS: Water parks; the Lake District National Park
• 'Travel and tourism in the UK'
CS: Northern Ireland
C: Critical mass
• 'The global explosion of tourism'
CS: Fraser Island, Queensland
C: The pleasure periphery; the product cycle
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description COLLINS EDUCATIONAL, 2000. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 2nd. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0003266508
Book Description COLLINS EDUCATIONAL, 2000. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0003266508