Word Bank is an introductory dictionary for Key Stages 3 and 4 students with special needs. As well as the words you would expect to find in a dictionary, it contains cross-curricular vocabulary and exam terminology, making it an essential literacy resource.
Features of Word Bank include:
• All definitions written in full sentences
• Only core meanings of a word given
• Plenty of colour photos and artwork
• Around 20 words on a page
• Key words from each subject area
• Exam terminology defined
• Alphabet on each page
• No abbreviations used (though common abbreviations will be present as headwords).
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
‘Word Bank is an excellent resource … both useful to students and invaluable for teachers in meeting the cross-curricular demands of the English Framework.’ Julia Strong, Deputy Director, National Literacy Trust
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Collins Educational, 2000. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0003230821
Book Description Collins Educational, 2000. Paperback. Book Condition: New. New item. Bookseller Inventory # QX-000-12-2161002