"Discovering Advanced Mathematics" is a series of four books designed to match the new generation of A and AS Level maths syllabuses and satisfy the requirements of the SCAA Common Core for Mathematics. This text interprets A Level topics through new contexts, applications and modelling techniques. The book provides chapter introductions, chapter summaries, investigations and practicals, exercises and examination questions.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
'Discovering Advanced Mathematics' is a series of four books designed to match the new generation of A- and AS-level maths syllabuses and satisfy the requirements of the SCAA Common Core for Mathematics. The books provide unparalleled support for developing modelling and problem-solving skills.
• real opportunities to study advanced mathematics through stimulating and original contexts, questions and modelling tasks
• use of new technology is encouraged throughout – graphics calculators and spreadsheets, for example – but tasks are accessible to students with the most basic of A-level calculators
• accessible to all of your students because of careful introduction of major concepts and language level
'Mechanics' Ted Graham
New contexts, applications and modelling techniques: balancing birds to designing
a cycle track; building a baby's cradle to bungee jumping. mechanics interprets
A-level topics through new contexts, applications and modelling techniques.
"I particularly like the range of modern applications involved in the book…this is a first class mechanics textbook…"
PRINCIPAL LECTURER IN MATHEMATICS, University of Hertfordshire
Ted Graham is a Senior Examiner for the AEB Mechanics. He is a Senior Lecturer at the School of Mathematics and Statistics, University of Plymouth and a member of the Centre for Teaching Mathematics.
• Mechanics and the real world
• Vectors and forces
• Kinematics in one dimension
• Motion and vectors
• Newton's first and second laws
• Variable forces and acceleration
• Momentum and collisions
• Energy, work and power
• Energy and work: variable forces and scalar products
• Circular motion
• Circular motion with variable speed
• Simple harmonic motion
• Dimensions and dimensional analysis
• Moments, couples and equilibrium
• Centre of mass
• Conditions for sliding and toppling
• Differential equations in mechanics
• Relative motion
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Collins Educational, 1995. Paperback. Book Condition: Used; Good. ex library copy, **SHIPPED FROM UK** We believe you will be completely satisfied with our quick and reliable service. All orders are dispatched as swiftly as possible! Buy with confidence!. Bookseller Inventory # 2458178
Book Description Collins Educational, 1995. Paperback. Book Condition: Acceptable. USED BUT OTHERWISE OF ACCEPTABLE QUALITY ** SUPER FAST SHIPPING FROM UK WAREHOUSE ** 30 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE. Bookseller Inventory # mon0002038153
Book Description Collins Educational, 1995. Book Condition: Good. This is an ex-library book and may have the usual library/used-book markings inside.This book has soft covers. In good all round condition. , 1000grams, ISBN:9780003223729. Bookseller Inventory # 6854318
Book Description Paperback. Book Condition: Good. The book has been read but remains in clean condition. All pages are intact and the cover is intact. Some minor wear to the spine. Bookseller Inventory # GOR001498924
Book Description Collins Educational. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: Very Good. 0003223728. Bookseller Inventory # FF0032962