Spotlight on Poetry: What Kind of Poem? offers an experience of the wide range of different forms and styles which poetry can take, from riddles to sonnets, limericks to haiku, cinquains to nonsense verse, and so on. Spotlight on Poetry: What Kind of Poem? 1 is suitable for ages 5-7 (Year 1-2/P2-3).
The What Kind of Poem? collections feature a lively and diverse range of different poetic forms and styles including riddles, limericks, sonnets, haiku, cinquains, acrostics, epitaphs, shape poems, alphabet poems, conversations, diaries, monologues, lists, word play and poems that play with sound and invent new or nonsense words.
Each collection is available as both a pupil reader and as a Big Book. The readers contain all the material in the Big Book plus some additional material, for example additional poems or full versions of poems that appear as extracts in the Big Book.
What Kind of Poem 1 contains the following poems:
Riddle by Michaela Morgan
Squeezes by Brian Patten
We Want to Wear Our Wellies by Dave Ward
There’s a Hole in My Pants by John Foster
Down in the Hollow by Michaela Morgan
Animal Riddles by Marian Swinger
November Night Countdown by Moira Andrew
How to Tell a Klotz from a Glotz by Dr Seuss
Topsy-Turvy Land by HE Wilkinson
A is for… by Lucy Coats
Fireworks! by Judith Nicholls
There are 3 levels in each strand, corresponding to Years 1/2 , Years 3/4 and Years 5/6. The poems have been carefully chosen to appeal to the age ranges.
The collections meet the range of objectives for poetry and the National Literacy Strategy as specified in the Literacy Framework. They have been selected by David Orme and Brian Moses, two well-known children’s poets.
Each level is accompanied by Teacher’s Notes that link poems to objectives in the National Literacy Framework, providing creative teaching ideas and photocopiable Activity Masters.
There are two other strands in the Spotlight on Poetry series: ‘Poems Around the World’, and ‘Classic Poems’.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
The selections meets the range of objectives for poetry and the National Literacy Strategy as specified in the Literacy Framework.
• The poems have been put together by David Orme and Brian Moses, two well-known children’s poets.
• The What Kind of Poem? selection features examples of various poetic forms, including haiku, shape poems, performance poems, chants and sonnets.
• The poems have been carefully chosen to appeal to the age ranges. There are 3 levels in each strand, corresponding to KS1 (What Kind of Poem? 1), Years 3/4 (2), Years 5/6 (3).
• Literacy selections include a Big Book for shared work and six readers for guided and independent work. The readers contain all the material in the Big Book plus some additional material e.g. extra poems or full versions of poems that appear as extracts in the Big Book.
• Each level will be accompanied by Teacher’s Notes which match the poems to the NLF, provide teaching ideas and photocopiable Activity Masters.
• There are two other strands in the Spotlight on Poetry series: Classic Poems and Poems Around the World.
Brain Moses lives in Sussex
David Orme lives in Hampshire
They are both well-known children’s poets who spend a lot of their time performing and running poetry workshops in schools around the country.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Collins Educational, 1999. Paperback. Book Condition: Very Good. Very Good: a copy that has been read, but is in excellent condition. Pages are intact and not marred by notes or highlighting. The spine remains undamaged. Most items will be dispatched the same or the next working day. Bookseller Inventory # mon0004957855
Book Description Paperback. Book Condition: Fair. A readable copy of the book which may include some defects such as highlighting and notes. Cover and pages may be creased and show discolouration. Bookseller Inventory # GOR002244454
Book Description Collins Educational. Book Condition: Good. Ex-library, so some stamps and wear, and may have sticker on cover, but in good overall condition. Bookseller Inventory # Z1-Q-033-02134