Blending a structured phonics approach to reading and writing with whole-language teaching, this series is consistent with the National Curriculum and the Scottish 5-14 Guidelines. Children learn about the alphabet through characters such as Annie Apple, Bouncy Ben and Clever Cat. The wide range of materials includes teacher's guides, flashcards, friezes, posters, songbooks, cassettes, copymasters, workbooks, storybooks, videos, games and computer software. The series is divided into "Early Years" materials for three- and four-year-olds, "Programme 1" for four- and five-year-olds, "Programme 2" for children aged five years and above, and support materials. This flexible "Programme 2" guide offers a range of teaching ideas.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
• Helps whole classes to make rapid progress in reading and spelling.
• Covers all recurring letter patterns.
• Gives children a thorough grounding in letter behaviour with all its inconsistencies.
• On completion of this programme children will be able to predict with confidence how to read most words.
'Programme Two Teachers Guides (Big Strides)'
• A flexible teacher's resource offering a wealth of original teaching ideas.
• Provides teachers with clear guidance on explaining letter behaviour within words.
• Every section provides word lists and ideas for picture coding activities.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Letterland 31/05/1995, 1995. Book Condition: used-good. - GREAT BOOK IN GOOD OR BETTER CONDITION, NORMALLY SENT SAME DAY FROM WAREHOUSE. Bookseller Inventory # 7719-9780003031287
Book Description Letterland 31/05/1995, 1995. Book Condition: used-good. - GREAT BOOK IN GOOD OR BETTER CONDITION, NORMALLY SENT SAME DAY FROM WAREHOUSE. Bookseller Inventory # 9053-9780003031287
Book Description Letterland, 1995. Book Condition: Poor. This book has soft covers. Ex-library, With usual stamps and markings, In poor condition, suitable as a reading copy. Bookseller Inventory # 2497091
Book Description Paperback. Book Condition: Very Good. The book has been read, but is in excellent condition. Pages are intact and not marred by notes or highlighting. The spine remains undamaged. Bookseller Inventory # GOR003600242
Book Description Book Condition: good. 621 Gramm. Bookseller Inventory # M00003031284-G