1. How does AbeBooks work?
2. The AbeBooks Advantage
- Access to a large database of both domestic and international customers. Once uploaded, your books will be available on all of the AbeBooks websites (AbeBooks.com, AbeBooks.co.uk, AbeBooks.fr, AbeBooks.de, AbeBooks.it and IberLibro.com) and through the websites of various international affiliate partners. A large number of orders for our member booksellers are sent abroad.
- More online visibility for your business. Your company name will be displayed next to each of your listings, enabling your customers to contact you directly. You will also receive a customizable AbeBooks Storefront, allowing buyers to search and browse your inventory exclusively.
- Easy inventory management. Whether you are a beginner or a computer whizz, AbeBooks can find the best solution for your situation: adding books through your online account, using our free program, HomeBase, or uploading your own individual book file. You can also choose to allow us to supply stock images or you can upload your own images at no extra charge charge.
- Flexible shipping rates. You can set your shipping prices and speeds for every destination through your online account at any time.
- Secure credit card payment processing. Our external payment service provider will process credit card payments on your behalf but you can choose to offer additional methods such as check, money order, or bank transfer.
3. Competitive Pricing Model
Please note : all prices are excluding VAT.
A low monthly fee, starting at £17 and calculated according to the number of books you put online, will ensure that your books are searchable on all of the AbeBooks websites. Important : the subscription begins from the day your account is activated.
|Number of Books ||Monthly Fees|
|0 - 500
|| £ 17|
|501 - 4.000
|| £ 25|
|4.001 - 10.000
|| £ 28|
|10.001 - 20.000
|| £ 35|
|20.001 - 30.000
|| £ 53|
|30.001 - 50.000
|| £ 83|
|50.001 - 100.000
|| £ 120|
|100.001 - 150.000
|| £ 175|
|150.001 - 500.000
|| £ 250|
|| £ 350|
Sales commission of 8% is applied to total amount of each order (book price + shipping cost) successfully processed through AbeBooks (£0.30 minimum, £22 maximum).
External payment service fee from 3.5% to 5.5% of the total amount for each order placed using a credit card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, JCB or Carte Bleue). For order placed on AbeBooks.com or AbeBooks.co.uk, an external payment service fee of 5.5% of the total item amount (including book price, shipping, and any extra charges) is charged for the first £275 and 3.5% on the subsequent value (£275.01 and beyond). For all orders placed on Abebooks.fr, AbeBooks.de, AbeBooks.it and IberLibro.com an external payment service fee of 3.5% is charged.
More information on the AbeBooks fees and charges
> Ready to join?
To ensure that we can process your application quickly and efficiently please review our registration checklist. Should you have any questions, you may wish to consult our Help Pages or contact us directly.