1. How does AbeBooks work?
2. The AbeBooks Advantage
- Access to a large database of both domestic and international customers. Once uploaded, your books will be available on all of the AbeBooks websites (AbeBooks.com, AbeBooks.co.uk, AbeBooks.fr, AbeBooks.de, AbeBooks.it and IberLibro.com) and through the websites of various international affiliate partners. A large number of orders for our member booksellers are sent abroad.
- More online visibility for your business. Your company name will be displayed next to each of your listings, enabling your customers to contact you directly. A Bookseller Homepage will also be assigned to you which allows buyers to search and browse through your books alone.
- Easy inventory management system. Whether you are a beginner or a computer whizz, AbeBooks can find the best solution for your situation : adding books through your online account, using our free program, HomeBase, or uploading your own individual book file. Find out more. Adding stock images or sending us your own photos or scans can be done without charge.
- Flexible shipping rates. You can amend your shipping prices and speeds for every destination through your online account at any time.
- Secure credit card payment processing. To promote international transactions and ensure customer trust, AbeBooks processes all credit card payments and covers you against fraud attacks. In addition, you can add the direct payment methods which you accept to your account (PayPal, bank transfer, cheque, etc.)
3. Competitive Pricing Model
Please note : all prices are excluding VAT.
A low monthly fee, starting at £17 and calculated according to the number of books you put online, will ensure that your books are searchable on all of the AbeBooks websites. Important : the subscription begins from the day your account is opened.
|Number of Books ||Monthly Fees|
|0 - 500
|| £ 17|
|501 - 4.000
|| £ 25|
|4.001 - 10.000
|| £ 28|
|10.001 - 20.000
|| £ 35|
|20.001 - 30.000
|| £ 53|
|30.001 - 50.000
|| £ 83|
|50.001 - 100.000
|| £ 120|
|100.001 - 150.000
|| £ 175|
|150.001 - 500.000
|| £ 250|
|| £ 350|
Sales commission of 8% is applied to total amount of each order (book price + shipping cost) successfully processed through AbeBooks (£0.30 minimum, £22 maximum).
Credit card processing fee for secure payments from 3.5% to 5.5% of the total amount for each order placed using a card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, JCB or Carte Bleue). For orders on AbeBooks.co.uk and AbeBooks.com, a 5.5% fee is charged on any total item amount below £275. Over £275 and for all orders on Abebooks.fr, AbeBooks.de, AbeBooks.it and IberLibro.com a 3.5% fee is charged. For these payments, AbeBooks covers the risk of fraud. You determine which additional payment methods you would like to accept (PayPal, bank transfer, cheque, etc.)
More information on the AbeBooks fees and charges
> Ready to join?
To ensure that we can process your application quickly and efficiently please review our registration checklist. Should you have any questions, you may wish to consult our Help Pages or contact us directly.