1. Libellus ysagogicus Abdilasi Id est servi gloriosi dei: qui dicitur Alchabitius ad magisterium iuditiorum astrorum - by Alchabitius - £7,578.28
Early German publisher Erhard Ratdolt produced this volume in 1485 containing the work of Alchabitius, the 10th century Arabian astrologer
2. The Origin of Species - by Charles Darwin - £6,669.54
First American printing, published in 1860, of the book which contained the basis of Darwin′s theory of Evolution.
3. Hieronymi Cardani Mediolanensis Medici De Rerum Varietate Libri XVII - by Gerolamo Cardano - £4,254.56
Cardano′s work on natural phenomena, this edition was published in 1557 by Heinrich Petri, the 16th century printer shop of Basel. Cardano was an Italian mathematician, physician, and astrologer who was also a friend of Leonardo da Vinci.
4. A Touch of Frost, Frost at Christmas, Night Frost, Hard Frost and Winter Frost - by R.D. Wingfield - £3,400.86
A collection of Wingfield first editions, all flatsigned on the title page.
5. Du Côte De Chez Swann - by Marcel Proust - £3,031.81
First edition published in 1913, this was the first instalment of Proust′s seven volume series "In Search of Lost Time." Later translated into English as Swann′s Way or The Way by Swann′s.
6. Beskrivelse over Eylandet St. Croix I America I Vest-Indien - by Reimert Haagensen - £2,728.63
Published in 1758 in Copenhagen this first edition is an early, and important, description of St. Croix in the Virgin Islands based on the author′s own observations; discussing economic conditions, slavery, social life, and local customs.
7. Don Juan - by Lord Byron - £2,631.46
A collection of first editions of all 16 cantos of Byron′s epic masterpiece, complete in six volumes. Published by Thomas Davison/John Long from 1819-1824.
8. Histoire de la mesure du temps par les horloges - by Ferdinand Berthoud - £2,631.46
Ferdinand Berthoud was a famous Swiss watch and chronometer maker. This is a first edition copy of his book History of Time Measurement by Clocks was published in Paris in 1802.
9. Holy Bible reprint - £2,273.73
Published by London Nonesuch Press in 1927. Printed in 5 volumes on Arnold rag paper and limited to 75 copies. This copy was #29.
10. Sefer Tehilim - by Sebastian Münster - £2,100.90
Written in 1538 by German Hebrew scholar Sebastian Münster and published by Hieronymus Froben und Nikolaus Episcopius of Basel.