"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Advanced Construction Technology provides a comprehensive introduction to every aspect of industrial, high-rise and commercial construction, practice and technology, and the principal associated legislation.
Based on Construction Technology Volumes 3 and 4, this combined new edition has been updated in line with contemporary legislation and practice. In addition a substantial amount of new material has been included to cover recent developments and technology. The style of the original books by Roy Chudley has been retained, avoiding lengthy descriptive passages and leaving the original diagrams to illustrate best practice and techniques.
This book covers site works, plant and equipment, substructures, superstructures, demolition and temporary work, portal frames, fire protection and escape, claddings to framed structures, formwork systems, pre-stressed concrete, industrial buildings, stairs, internal components and decorations and external works.
* complements the third edition of Construction Technology
* covers conventional methods of construction
* presents a rational and logical progression of subjects which follows the construction sequence
* represents contemporary and established practice
* retains elements of existing construction for maintenance reference
* avoids lengthy descriptions by using detailed and comprehensive illustrations
* includes up-to-date references to current legislation and regulations, including the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 1994 and the Construction (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1996
Advanced Construction Technology will be an essential text for all students on HNC/D or degree programmes in construction or related topics. It will also be an ideal reference for students on advanced construction crafts courses.
Roy Chudley was formerly a senior lecturer in building technology at Guildford Country College of Technology. Roger Greeno is a consultant, examiner and established author of many construction papers and publications, with extensive experience in further and higher education; he formerly lectured at the University of Portsmouth.
Roy Chudley is formerly a senior lecturer in building technology at Guildford Country College of Technology and is a well-known author.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Prentice Hall (UK), 2006. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 013201985X