This comprehensive, well-respected rigorous yet highly accessible text acknowledges management as a widespread human activity, exercised by people at all levels and in all types of organisations (i.e. not the specialist occupation of prominent people in commercial enterprises). It integrates both general topics and functional perspectives within a clear framework of management. The 2nd edition has been revised and updated to incorporate the latest research on the subject including new information on ethics and corporate social responsibility, the role of IT in management, as well as new information on globalisation and more on SME's.Undergraduate first course in management in departments of business/management; postgraduate or post experience level; certificate DMS and MBA courses; other degree courses with a management component engineering, accountancy, law, information technology; professional courses such as Chartered Institute of Marketing.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
This comprehensive and well-respected text acknowledges management as a widespread human activity, exercised by people at all levels and in all types of organisations. It combines rigour with a highly accessible presentation, integrating general and functional perspectives within a clear framework of management. The second edition has been revised and updated to incorporate the latest research.
* Expands and integrates material on globalisation, environmental issues, the Internet and other 'new economy' developments such as dotcoms and call centres, making it completely up-to-date in its coverage of modern technology.
* Reflects the wider interest in public sector management and the management of not-for-profit organisations such as charities and voluntary organisations.
* Integrates general and functional aspects of management around a single framework of 'content-process-control', which is introduced in Chapter 1.
* Recognises the more critical perspectives towards management and organisational activities, encouraging students to engage in critical analysis.
* Many case studies are new and all others have been fully updated. Drawn from European, US and Japanese examples, these illustrations will help build awareness of cultural diversity in today's workplace.
* Excellent pedagogy to help guide student learning, including- learning objectives, chapter introductions, short, long and integrated case studies for flexible teaching and learning, illustrations of 'management in practice', 'key ideas', review questions, case questions, activities and suggested further reading.
* Companion website for lecturers and students including an Instructor's Manual, PowerPoint slides, multiple-choice questions and annotated weblinks.
David Boddy is Research Fellow in the Department of Business and Management at the University of Glasgow.
David Boddy is a Research Fellow at the School of Business & Management, University of Glasgow. He is author of two other books published by Pearson Education: Managing Information Systems (2005) and Managing Projects (2002).
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
(No Available Copies)
If you know the book but cannot find it on AbeBooks, we can automatically search for it on your behalf as new inventory is added. If it is added to AbeBooks by one of our member booksellers, we will notify you!Create a Want