This unique book provides a comprehensive course text for undergraduates taking introductory Chemistry courses, covering organic, inorganic and physical chemistry components. Now in full colour and with a supporting Web site, this second edition takes into account feedback from lecturers and students.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
This unique book provides a comprehensive course text for undergraduates taking introductory Chemistry courses, covering organic, inorganic and physical chemistry components. Now in full colour, this second edition takes into account feedback from lecturers and students.
- Topic boxes throughout relating chemistry to real-life examples from biology, the environment and commercial and laboratory applications, e.g. anti-cancer drugs, air pollution monitoring using spectroscopy, polymers for contact lenses
- Assumes minimal mathematical background, using graphical descriptions wherever possible, especially for kinetics and thermodynamics. Where mathematical background (e.g. calculus) is required, the accompanying Mathematics Tutor provides student support
- End-of-chapter summaries and key words
- End-of-chapter problems, with answers on the companion website
- Highlighted key points, and carefully worked examples and solutions placed in the main text
- Four-colour throughout with 3D artwork, supported by Chime viewable graphics on the website
- Improved index
Written for introductory chemistry courses in undergraduate chemistry degrees and for students taking chemistry within biology, biochemistry, and environmental sciences courses.
Catherine E. Housecroft is Professor of Chemistry and Director of Education, and Edwin C. Constable is Professor of Chemistry and Head of School, both at the School of Chemical Sciences at the University of Birmingham, UK. They have extensive teaching experience internationally and their research interests include supramolecular chemistry, nanotechnology, organometallic and cluster chemistry. In 1997 Professor Constable was awarded the prestigious Howard lectureship for pre-eminence in organic chemistry or related disciplines by the University of Sydney, Australia.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Book Condition: New. New. US edition. Perfect condition. Ship by express service to USA, Canada, Australia, France, Italy, UK, Germany and Netherland. Customer satisfaction our priority. Bookseller Inventory # ABE-190516-7042
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. New. US edition. Customer Satisfaction guaranteed!!. Bookseller Inventory # SHAK7042
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Brand New Original US Edition, Perfect Condition. Printed in English. Excellent Quality, Service and customer satisfaction guaranteed!. Bookseller Inventory # AIND-31067
Book Description Book Condition: New. Brand New Original US Edition.We Ship to PO BOX Address also. EXPEDITED shipping option also available for faster delivery. Bookseller Inventory # AUSB-31067
Book Description Prentice Hall, 2001. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 2. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0130869244
Book Description Prentice-Hall. Book Condition: New. pp. 1158. Bookseller Inventory # 5283235