The Essence of Computer Graphics is an accessible introduction to fundamental topics in 2D and 3D computer graphics starting with a natural progression from plane curves, via space curves, to curved surfaces. Two dimensional data structures are put into the context of Graph Theory to provide the necessary terminology, while the visualization of 3D concepts are carefully considered. The advanced topics are comprehensible without advanced mathematics.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
The Prentice Hall Essence of Computing Series provides a concise, practical and uniform introduction to the core components of an undergraduate computing degree. Complementing the current teaching structure within Higher Education, this approach uses a variety of pedagogical tools - case studies, worked examples and self-test questions - to underpin the student's learning.
The Essence of Computer Graphics provides a clear and concise overview of this subject, emphasising practical issues related to the implementation of graphics programs. An accessible introduction to fundamental topics, 2 dimensions are developed logically through to 3 dimensions from plane curves, via space curves, to curved surfaces. In addition, two-dimensional data structures are put into the context of Graph Theory in order to aid comprehension of the concepts involved. This applications-oriented text concludes with selected advanced techniques to give the reader a feel for the immense potential of the use of computer graphics today.
· uses C++ as a programming language.
· covers fundamental topics in 2D and 3D computer graphics.
· includes a brief survey of more advanced techniques in the final chapter, including morphing, animation and character recognition.
· numerous pedagogical features include chapter motivations, illustrations, exercises and worked examples.
· emphasis on practical issues, based on the author's extensive experience.
· mathematical concepts are introduced gradually for non-mathematicians.Peter Cooley taught Computer Graphics for 30 years in the Department of Engineering at Aston University. He has also undertaken extensive consultancy work and been involved in project development for various companies.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Prentice Hall, 2000. Paperback. Book Condition: Used; Good. Ships from the UK within 24 hours. Bookseller Inventory # BBI1896445
Book Description Paperback. Book Condition: Very Good. The book has been read, but is in excellent condition. Pages are intact and not marred by notes or highlighting. The spine remains undamaged. Bookseller Inventory # GOR002912040
Book Description PEARSON EDUCACION. Book Condition: Muy Bueno / Very Good. Bookseller Inventory # 100000000838004