Data structures play a key role in any serious development project, determining how the program acquires, stores, updates, and processes its in-memory data. Many of the basic techniques for constructing and governing access to data structures are well-documented, but most are structured programming techniques that do not translate well in an object-oriented environment.
Object-Oriented C++ Data Structures for Real Programmers corrects this imbalance, teaching experienced C++ and Java developers the most effective methods for designing and implementing highly functional data structures in any type of object-oriented programming effort. The first part of the book introduces the various approaches, focusing on the purposes for which each is most suited. From there, the author examines advanced functionality that can be achieved in a number of ways, helping readers choose and apply the optimal technique.
* Advanced coverage from an accomplished developer and programming author
* Written explicitly for experienced object-oriented programmers
* Helps you choose the best way to build the desired functionality, then provides the instruction you need to do it
* Covers all major data structure approaches, including arrays, vectors, lists, stacks, and queues
* Explains how to achieve a wide range of functionality, including data sorting, searching, hashing, dictionaries, and indexes
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Jan L. Harrington, the author of 30 books, including SQL, Clearly Explained (Academic Press), has been writing about databases since 1984. She is a professor and chair of the department of computer science and information systems at Marist College, where she teaches database design and management, object-oriented programming, data communications, and computer architecture.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Morgan Kaufmann, 2001. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110123264294
Book Description Morgan Kaufmann, 2001. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 1st. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0123264294