Grade 6: Core Teacher's Resource Package
- Teacher’s Lesson Guides (Volumes 1 & 2) – Contains easy-to-follow three-part daily lesson plans. This assists teachers in focusing on lesson objectives, providing ongoing practice for all students and addressing individual student needs for a variety of populations. A unit organizer provides learning goals, planning and assessment support, content highlights, a materials chart, suggestions for problem-solving, cross-curricular links, and options for individualizing. Each guide is grade level-specific.
- Teacher’s Reference Manual (Grades 4-6) – Contains comprehensive background information about mathematical content and program management for Grades K-3 and 4-6. This manual familiarizes teachers with the program’s features, routines, and provides ideas for organizing and implementing the curriculum.
- Assessment Handbook – This grade level specific handbook provides classroom-tested techniques and ideas to make assessment and instruction more manageable, productive, and exciting, as well as offering a more complete picture of each student’s progress and instructional needs through techniques and tools from the four assessment areas: ongoing, product, periodic and outside tests. The Assessment Handbook includes suggestions for observing students, keeping anecdotal records, following student progress, and encouraging students to reflect on and communicate both what they have learned and how they feel about mathematics.
- Math Masters – Blackline masters that support daily lesson activities. Includes Math Box, Home Link, Study Link, Game, and Assessment Masters.
Spanish version available – Originales para reproducción
- Home Connection Handbook (Grades K-6) – Provides suggestions for enhancing home-school communication and involvement in the program. Grade specific Family Letters and Home Links serve as a basis for ongoing communication as well as a vehicle to engage parents as partners in the learning process. Individual assessment checklists enable teachers to describe in detail the developmental progress of each child.
Spanish version available – Manual de Vínculo con el hogar
- Content-by-Strand Poster– Offers a comprehensive overview of how the mathematical strand activities are interwoven and paced throughout the school year and outlines program guideposts. The lesson activities in each content strand are roughly divided by month, the learning goals are organized by unit, and the assessment rubric indicators (Beginning, Developing, and Secure) and lesson references are also noted.
- Class Number-Grid Poster – A number grid is a matrix which consists of rows of boxes, ten to each row, containing a set of consecutive whole numbers. Children use number grids to explore number patterns, reinforce place-value concepts, and calculate sums and differences.
- Real Number Line Poster – A number line is a line on which points correspond to numbers. Students use number lines when counting and skip counting, performing measuring activities, and adding and subtracting. Number lines are also used as the axes in coordinate graphing systems.
- Student Math Journals (Volumes 1 & 2) – These consumable books provide lesson support material for students to analyze and complete. They provide a long-term record of each student’s mathematical development.
Spanish version available – Diario del estudiante 1 & 2
- Student Reference Book – Each student in Grades 3 through 6 receives a Student Reference Book for his or her grade level. Students use this hardbound reference book to access mathematical information and procedures that support the program. By seeing numerous worked examples and simple explanations of mathematical procedures, students learn to use numbers in context. Calculator usage, project descriptions, game rules, charts and tables, and a glossary of mathematical terms are available for use with lessons and out-of-class explorations.
Spanish version available – Libro de consulta del estudiante
- Geometry Template – Everyday Mathematic’s unique Geometry Template used in Grades 4 through 6 is a multi-faceted drawing/measuring device that features 23 geometric shapes. It includes various sizes of circles, triangles, and quadrilaterals as well as a half-size version of each of the standard pattern blocks: pentagon, hexagon, octagon, and ellipse. It also contains two protractors, a percent wheel, and two rulers (with 17 centimeter and 7 inch scales) for drawing circle graphs and measuring angles and lengths. (6” x 7.5”, blue plastic).
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.