This basic text covers the fundamentals of radiologic technology programs - radiologic physics, radiologic protection and biology, and image production - three of the five categories of information tested on the radiography Registry exam. It is designed to present need-to-know material in a straight forward, student-friendly style. End of chapter questions in Registry format will be featured. Will not cover history of the profession or other non-registry material.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
"* Dorothy Saia has endorsed the project as a needed book beyond the Bushong and Carlton titles. * Trina Koscielicki, Associate Professor at Northern Kentucky University, will consider using text in place of Bushong title once entire manuscript could be reviewed. * Joyce Snyder, Program Director at St. Anthony Hospital School of Radiologic Science, believes text is written in simpler terms compared to Bushongs' use of "verbiage" terminology. However, Snyder feels that the text is weak on informational content.From the Back Cover:
THE BEST WAY TO MASTER THE FUNDAMENTALS OF RADIOGRAPHY
* Student-friendly coverage of radiologic science
* Full coverage of three out-of-five American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) topics-radiologic physics, radiation protection, and biology and image production
* End-of-chapter questions in the Registry format
* Perfect one-stop text for radiography basics-and for the Registry exam review
UNDERSTAND THE HOWS AND WHYS OF RADIOLOGY
* Explains the science behind radiology procedures, techniques, machines, and materials
* Straightforward, accessible style
* More than 170 illustrations
* Introduces special imaging techniques such as fluoroscopy, mammography, digital imaging, computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging, and quality control
* Geared to what you need to know for the Registry exam
* Eliminates time-wasting material you don't need to know!
Radiologic Science, Student-Style
* The best way to learn how radiology works
* Perfect for pre-exam review
* Scientific fundamentals presented clearly, directly, and fully
* Save time with fluff-free text
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Appleton & Lange, 2001. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0071364528
Book Description Appleton & Lange, 2001. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0071364528
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97800713645221.0