Features Include: The normal function and developmental biology of organ systems
* Symptom-based diagnostic approaches for common disorders
* Effective, easy-to-use algorithms throughout to guide diagnoses
* The latest emergency and critical care management guidelines
* A family-centered approach to caring for terminally ill children and their families
* How to effectively care for children with chronic disabilities
* Expanded coverage of genetics
* What you should know about managing neonatal disorders
* New advances in orthopedics and sports medicine
* A full-color insert of childhood skin conditions, and much more
* New sections, new chapters inform on the hottest topics in the field!
* Emergency and critical care - easy-to-use section guides your management of the acutely ill infant and child
* Contemporary diagnostic techniques - provides simple, clear explanations of the new generation of laboratory tests that are more frequently used to guide clinical diagnosis
* Care of the terminally ill child - presents a family-centered approach for care near the end of life
* Rehabilitative medicine - offers guidance on caring for the increasing numbers of children with chronic disabilities
Delivers MORE of what you really need to know!
* MORE on genetics, with separate chapters focused on metabolic disorders and dysmorphology
* MORE on rheumatic disease in children and adolescents, including the critical evaluation of musculoskeletal pain and pain syndromes
* MORE on managing neonatal disorders
* MORE algorithmic approaches to common pediatric symptoms, with guidelines for initial management
* MORE information on support groups and other resources - websites and email addresses provided throughout
PLUS: Expanded coverage in rapidly advancing areas of pediatric medicine!
* Immunology and allergy
* Infectious diseases
* Orthopedics, including sports medicine
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
"The book has 21 chapters devoted to major fields in pediatrics, with new chapters on adolescence, developmental and behavioral pediatrics, rheumatology, oncology, neurology, and ophthalmology. In addition, chapters on pediatric health supervision and ethics are provided. The chapters are well written, for the most part, with the proper amount of information so that reading is not laborious. The tables and algorithms are plentiful and are a key feature of this book. The figures are helpful and complement the text very well....Students who use this book will be well prepared for end-of-rotation exams and have a good foundation in pediatrics. For residents it is a beneficial book to review and assimilate much information."-- Doody's Review Service ( Doody's 2003-03-15)From the Back Cover:
Written expressly for trainees in pediatrics, Rudolph’s Fundamentals of Pediatrics, 3rd edition provides a broad information base with a symptom-complex orientation. It presents a pathophysiologic basis for the approach to differential diagnosis and makes liberal use of algorithms and tables to summarize important information. Perfect for students in the pediatric clerkship, Rudolph’s Fundamentals is also relied upon by pediatric and family medicine residents, nurses, and anyone who needs quick, concise answers to a broad array of clinical pediatric questions.
* Written expressly for medical students by leading educators in pediatrics
* Discusses approaches to symptom presentations
* Problem-oriented approach promotes a better understanding of clinical issues and differential diagnosis
* Extensive algorithms, tables, and illustrations
* Pathophysiology included to facilitate an understanding of the basis for selection of diagnostic studies and treatments
* Six brand new chapters: "Adolescent Medicine," "Disorders of Behavior," "Rheumatic Diseases of Childhood," "Oncology," "Nervous System," and "Ophthalmology"
* All other chapters have been revised and updated
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description McGraw-Hill Medical, 2002. Book Condition: Fair. 3rd Revised edition. N/A. Ships from the UK. Former Library book. Shows definite wear, and perhaps considerable marking on inside. Bookseller Inventory # GRP87626883
Book Description McGraw-Hill Medical, 2002. Book Condition: Good. This is an ex-library book and may have the usual library/used-book markings inside.This book has soft covers. With usual stamps and markings, In good all round condition. Bookseller Inventory # 4895826
Book Description McGraw-Hill Education - Europe 2002-04-01, 2002. Paperback. Book Condition: Very Good. All books are pre-owned and will have been read by someone else before you. They may well show signs of minor wear and tear. Please note, cover images are illustrative only, and the actual book cover and edition can vary. Bookseller Inventory # 9780071124423-21
Book Description McGraw-Hill Medical, 2002. Paperback. Book Condition: Good. Good condition, some are ex-library and can have markings. Bookseller Inventory # GD-225-X2-1978001
Book Description Book Condition: Good. Rudolphs Fundamentals of Pediatrics. Bookseller Inventory # Grb3293038
Book Description McGraw-Hill Medical, 2002. Paperback. Book Condition: Near Fine. Near Fine. book. Bookseller Inventory # F4S1-1-Z-007112442X-3
Book Description McGraw-Hill Medical, 2002. Paperback. Book Condition: Near Fine. Near Fine. book. Bookseller Inventory # F4S1-1-Z-007112442X-2