This A4 format road atlas with popular lie-flat spiral binding features clear, detailed road mapping, at a scale of 3.2 miles to 1 inch, with land height shown by attractive layer colouring. There are also a wide range of urban area approach maps at a larger scale as well as fully indexed street maps of 64 town centres.
This handy A4 sized spiral road atlas covers the whole of Britain at a selection of useful scales. Its size makes it ideal for use in the car as well as the home or office. Each scale of mapping is colour coded for ease of use, from the smallest scale maps which are great for route planning, to the main road maps and more detailed urban area approach maps, to the largest scale town centre street maps to help you locate your final destination.
The atlas includes:
• Easy to use, clear road maps at a scale of 3.2 miles to 1 inch (1:200,000) for England, Wales and Southern Scotland and at 4.2 miles to 1 inch (1:266,000) in Northern Scotland.
• Route planning section including maps at a scale of 22 miles to 1 inch for long distance route planning, motorway services information and a handy distance calculator chart.
• 26 urban area approach maps at a larger scale which clearly show the best routes through and into the busiest built-up-areas.
• 64 street maps focused on town centres showing places of interest, car park locations and one-way streets. All the street maps are fully indexed.
• Fully updated fixed speed camera sites with average speed camera locations clearly highlighted. All speed cameras show the speed limit.
• National rail map for planning your complete journey.
• Over 30 categories of places of interest including castles, theme parks, sports venues, universities, mountain bike trails and surfing beaches.
• The top 1000 most visited places of interest are indexed with full postcodes to aid integration with satnav systems.
This the ideal purchase for drivers, navigators and route planners who want the very best road atlas of Britain in an A4 format.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
“The use of light colours in the maps and a 3.2mpi scale make the Collins Essential easy to read at a glance” Auto ExpressAbout the Author:
Explore the world through accurate and up-to-date mapping.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description HarperCollins UK, 2013. Spiral-bound. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110007497091
Book Description HarperCollins UK, 2013. Book Condition: New. Brand New, Unread Copy in Perfect Condition. A+ Customer Service! Summary: This A4 format road atlas with popular lie-flat spiral binding features clear, detailed road mapping, at a scale of 3.2 miles to 1 inch, with land height shown by attractive layer colouring. There are also a wide range of urban area approach maps at a larger scale as well as fully indexed street maps of 64 town centres. Bookseller Inventory # ABE_book_new_0007497091
Book Description HarperCollins UK. SPIRAL-BOUND. Book Condition: New. 0007497091 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW4.0002768