A unique guide to 365 species on the Red List, the most widely recognized list of threatened and endangered species, compiled by the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN). The Species on the Edge app allows you to browse and learn about threatened and endangered species from around the world.
Selected by a group of experts at the IUCN this list profiles a wide variety of species from the official list of threatened animal, fungi and plant. App features include:
• Profiles of a wide variety of species from the official list of threatened plants and animals
• Classification of species by IUCN Red List Categories
• Stunning photographs and location map for each species
• Authoritative descriptive text
• Ability to bookmark your favourite species
• Shared any entry on Facebook, Twitter or by email
Each of the species profiled is on the official IUCN Red List of Threatened Species™.
Animals and plants of all shapes and sizes are included. Amongst others, find out:
• What conservation methods are helping the Blue-throated Macaw
• Where the Pinta Island Tortoise once roamed
• What efforts are being made to help the 47 remaining Floreana Mockingbirds
• The reasons behind the dramatic loss of the Globosa Mangrove
• Why the Javan Rhino is the world’s most endangered mammal
About the IUCN Red List
The IUCN Red List of Threatened Species™ is widely recognized as the most comprehensive information source on the conservation status of wild species and their links to livelihoods.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
“A glossy tome with an important raison d’être” The Ecologist
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Book Condition: New. P. Bookseller Inventory # 75518
Book Description HarperCollins UK, 2012. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0007419147
Book Description HarperCollins UK, 2012. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0007419147
Book Description HarperCollins UK, 2012. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110007419147
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97800074191421.0