A practical little walk guide to the South Downs endorsed by the Ramblers. All the walks are 5 miles or under in length and can easily be completed in less that 3 hours. 20 walks are included and use clear Ordnance Survey maps to show the route plus easy to follow walk descriptions.
The South Downs is one of only four areas of chalk downland in southern England. They extend from the eastern side of Hampshire through Sussex, culminating in the spectacular sea cliffs at Beachy Head. The walks are located in The South Downs National Park, England's newest National Park. This popular walking area, has one principal long distance footpath, the South Downs Way, and many interconnecting ones.
This guide, produced in co-operation with the Ramblers and featuring Ordnance Survey mapping, is the perfect way to get out and enjoy the stunning scenery.
This compact little guide contains walks, all of which are 5 miles or under, which are ideal for an afternoon stroll.
• 20 easy to follow walks which can be completed in 3 hours and under.
• Each walk has a detailed Ordnance Survey map with the route clearly marked plus a detailed description of the route.
• The walks have been chosen with issues like parking and refreshments in mind to make life easy for families.
• There are interesting facts about the things you'll see along the route.
• All the books include general information on walking and also the general area covered by the guide.
• Packed with colour photographs of scenes you will see along the walk.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Explore the world through accurate and up-to-date mapping.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Collins, 2011. Paperback. Book Condition: Very Good. Very Good: a copy that has been read, but is in excellent condition. Pages are intact and not marred by notes or highlighting. The spine remains undamaged. Most items will be dispatched the same or the next working day. Bookseller Inventory # mon0005503576