Your Life provides the only whole school solution for combining Citizenship and PSHE at Key Stages 3 and 4. The third editions of this bestselling series contains extensive materials on Economic Wellbeing and Financial Capability.
Building on the huge success of the second editions, each full-colour Student’s book has been completely updated to provide a range of age-appropriate stimulus material and engaging activities designed to develop student’s skills, knowledge and understanding in line with the revised Programme of Study and the National Framework for PSHE.
• offers a progressive, coherent programme for the Citizenship and PSHE throughout secondary school
• reduces preparation time with well-researched, balanced
coverage of a huge range of topics
• is ideal for use on a year by year or selective basis with a clear flexible structure and self-contained units
• offers masses of support for teachers including photocopiable activities and assessment material
Contents of Your Life 1
1. You and your feelings - anxieties and worries
2. You and your body - growing and changing
3. You and your responsibilities - beliefs, customs and festivals
4. You and your time - managing your time
5. You and your values - right and wrong
6. You and your family - getting on with others
7. You and your body - smoking
8. You and the law - children’s rights
9. You and other people - bullying
10. You and the media - the power of television
11. You and your money - pocket money, budgeting and saving
12. You and the world of work - developing a product
13. You and your body - drugs and drugtaking
14. You and the community - being a good neighbour
15. You and your money - you as a consumer
16. You and your opinions - how to express your ideas
17. You and your body - eating and exercise
18. You as a citizen - British government
19. You and the world of work - attitudes to work
20. You and the community - taking action: raising money for charity
21. You and other people - people with disabilities
22. You and global issues - resources, waste and recycling
23. You and your achievements - reviewing your progress
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
John Foster is a well-known anthologist and poet and has compiled several wonderful collections – WHAM BANG ORANGUTANG being one of the best known (OUP), and he wrote the poem of the title. He travels extensively to help promote his books.
Simon Foster is a teacher of Government, Politics and General Studies at an FE College in the West Midlands. A former Councillor and political campaigner, he has worked on elections in the UK, Croatia and the USA. He is currently based in Birmingham where he lives with his partner, Sarah and 3 lively cats.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Collins Educational, 2009. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0007312458