Everyone thinks they know the real Gordon Ramsay: rude, loud, driven, stubborn. But this is his real story…
In this fast-paced, bite-sized edition of his bestselling autobiography Ramsay tells the real story of how he became the world’s most famous and infamous chef: his difficult childhood, his brother’s heroin addiction, his failed first career as a footballer, his fanatical pursuit of gastronomic perfection and his TV persona - all the things that have made him the celebrated culinary talent and media powerhouse that he is today. Gordon talks frankly about:
• his tough childhood: his father’s alcoholism and violence and the effects on his relationships with his mother and siblings
• his first career as a footballer: how the whole family moved to Scotland when he was signed by Glasgow Rangers at the age of fifteen, and how he coped when his career was over due to injury just three years later
• his brother’s heroin addiction.
• Gordon’s early career: learning his trade in Paris and London; how his career developed from there: his time in Paris under Albert Roux and his seven Michelin-starred restaurants.
• kitchen life: Gordon spills the beans about life behind the kitchen door, and how a restaurant kitchen is run in Anthony Bourdain-style.
• and how he copes with the impact of fame on himself and his family: his television career, the rapacious tabloids, and his own drive for success.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
‘Gordon Ramsay’s Humble Pie – so exuberantly angry boastful, cliche-ridden, expletive-laden and touchingly sincere that I can’t believe that a single sentence has been written by anyone but the failed footballer, great cook, telly star and businessman himself. He’s the genuine bollocks, as he’s so fond of saying, and this is the tale of his personal class struggle.’ – The Observer
'Inspirational stuff.' Heat
‘A mesmerising tale. It reads like a conversation and exudes personality. Ramsay finds it hard to dodge the f-word, but despite the defensiveness that comes accross, the book is an inspiration.’ Irish ExaminerAbout the Author:
Gordon Ramsay's radical career change at 17 years old led him to London and to huge success as chef, restaurant-empire-builder and celebrity. Gordon has published nine bestselling recipe books and has starred in the hugely successful television series': the Bafta award-winning Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares, Hell's Kitchen and The F Word. In 2006 he was appointed OBE and saw the launch of his New York restaurant.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Harper. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0007270968 We guarantee all of our items - customer service and satisfaction are our top priorities. Please allow 4 - 14 business days for Standard shipping, within the US. Bookseller Inventory # TM-0007270968
Book Description Harper, 2008. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110007270968
Book Description Harper, 2008. Book Condition: New. Brand New, Unread Copy in Perfect Condition. A+ Customer Service!. Bookseller Inventory # ABE_book_new_0007270968