Route planning maps: 1:491,950 ( 7.8 miles to 1 inch).
In this atlas, mapping is presented at a variety of scales to take you from the route planning stage to the detail required when reaching busy town centres. It is presented in a handy lie-flat spiral binding.
For drivers in Britain the motorway and main road network provides the fastest, easiest and most convenient way to travel. This atlas has extra clear mapping at 7.8 miles to 1 inch, with the emphasis on major roads. It also includes detailed mapping at a larger scale for all approaches to major towns and cities (to aid route finding in these more congested areas) and detailed street level maps of the town centres themselves.
This atlas includes:
• Route planning mapping of the whole of Britain.
• Double page spreads of 61 towns with detailed approach route maps on the left hand page and street mapping on the right hand page.
• Fully detailed town and city centre plans showing car parks, places of interest, one-way streets and tourist information centres.
• Useful visitor information for each of the 61 towns.
• Full details of all motorway services with their location and facilities.
• Separate, indexed London section.
This atlas cleverly combines different scales of mapping to make it as easy as possible to navigate right into the heart of the town centres. It will be useful for tourists, visitors and businesses alike.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Paperback. Book Condition: Good. Bookseller Inventory # TT01358328B
Book Description Collins, 2007. Book Condition: Good. This is an ex-library book and may have the usual library/used-book markings inside.This book has soft covers. In good all round condition. Bookseller Inventory # 5321900