Collins Big Cat Teacher resources offer practical planning support, with book-by-book information, assessment support, photocopiable activity sheets to help practice literacy objectives and support for writing.
• Developed by teachers for teachers, Collins Big Cat Phonics is easy to use and be sure you are getting it right.
• Every session runs automatically - so you can concentrate on observing and assessing your children's progress.
• Structured daily sessions provide fast, focused phonic fun, with lots of repetition and practice for reading and writing. Big Cat and his friends introduce you to 42+ phonemes through 10 minute daily sessions, helping every child learn how to become readers and writers.
In this Handbook you will find:
• a detailed explanation of the five sections of the daily 10-minute session so you know what the children will be learning
• a session-by-session outline of the programme to save you time planning
• book-by-book information for the Collins Big Cat Phonics Readers to support you guided reading sessions
• assessment support with photocopiable masters to help your children consolidate and practise their new skills.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
"As a class teacher I taught phonics and saw first hand the success of this fun, child-centred approach to teaching literacy. Consequently I was committed to introducing the scheme into Dovers Green…It is pacey because the children follow a similar format each day and easy for the teacher as there is very little preparation."
(Dover's Green Primary School)
"It's fun! The children enjoy it and ask to do it. We've seen significant improvement in children's ability to apply phonic knowledge to reading regular words and attempting more complete words. Independence with this has increased also. Teachers have seen improved reading ability (scores) compared to previous years."
(Springfield Junior School)
Collins Big Cat Phonics author Kay Hiatt was recently featured in a TES article on Stoughton Infant school, Guildford, where her programme has been used since 2003. The number of pupils reaching Level 2 at age 7 has since increased from 89% to 95%. (TES, 24/3/06)Book Description:
Support and copymasters for the Collins Big Cat Phonics programme
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Harpercollins Education, 2006. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0007233000
Book Description Collins Educational. SPIRAL-BOUND. Book Condition: New. 0007233000. Bookseller Inventory # 9780007233007
Book Description Collins Educational, 2006. Spiral-bound. Book Condition: Brand New. 80 pages. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # zk0007233000