10 minutes a day is all you need to learn to read! This bright, lively CD-ROM featuring Big Cat and his friends provides all you need to teach synthetic phonics in a fast, fun, systematic way.
• Developed by teachers for teachers, Collins Big Cat Phonics is easy to use and be sure you are getting it right.
• Every session runs automatically - so you can concentrate on observing and assessing your children's progress.
• Structured daily sessions provide fast, focused phonic fun, with lots of repetition and practice for reading and writing. Big Cat and his friends introduce you to 42+ phonemes through 10 minute daily sessions, helping every child learn how to become readers and writers.
Collins Big Cat Phonics teaches children to:
– hear the sound
– read the graphemes that represent the sound
– blend the sounds through the word
– segment the sounds into words
– read and write sentences which put all they've learned into practice.
• Interactive games also help consolidate phonic skills and engage children.
• The programme is designed to be flexible: use on interactive whiteboards with large groups or by individual children on PCs.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
"As a class teacher I taught phonics and saw first hand the success of this fun, child-centred approach to teaching literacy. Consequently I was committed to introducing the scheme into Dovers Green…It is pacey because the children follow a similar format each day and easy for the teacher as there is very little preparation."
(Dover's Green Primary School)
"It's fun! The children enjoy it and ask to do it. We've seen significant improvement in children's ability to apply phonic knowledge to reading regular words and attempting more complete words. Independence with this has increased also. Teachers have seen improved reading ability (scores) compared to previous years."
(Springfield Junior School)
Collins Big Cat Phonics author Kay Hiatt was recently featured in a TES article on Stoughton Infant school, Guildford, where her programme has been used since 2003. The number of pupils reaching Level 2 at age 7 has since increased from 89% to 95%. (TES, 24/3/06)Book Description:
Fun and interactive Phonics sessions for your whiteboard
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Collins Educational. CD-ROM. Book Condition: New. 0007232985. Bookseller Inventory # 9780007232987
Book Description Collins Educational. CD-ROM. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0007232985