Popular straight-talking agony aunt Jenni Trent Hughes shows you how to talk about difficult subjects and handle the conversation you’ve been dreading with tact and clarity. Many of us find it hard to stand up to friends, family, colleagues or lovers with boldness and honesty to clear the air. This book ensures issues won’t become overwhelming.
The ultimate common sense approach to better communication, whether dealing with partners, friends, family, colleagues or strangers. Discover the best ways to begin and end a conversation, finding the right time and the importance of listening.
Examples of the 101 issues:
- how to complain in the most effective way in shops, with builders/plumbers, or in restaurants
– How to ask for a pay rise (did you know that 68% of people have never asked for a raise in their whole lives?
- how to ask your lover: ‘please could you do ‘this’ and not ‘that’ in bed please’
- how to tell your parents/in laws that you don’t want to go to them this Christmas
- how to tell him/her you don’t want a baby
- how to tell him/her you’ve fallen for someone else
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
“Jenni always talks sense. She cuts through the psycho-babble and gets right to the heart of the matter. It’s like getting a pep talk from your best pal.” Lorraine Kelly
‘Sassy Agony Aunt Jenni Trent Hughes is one of the best-known faces on daytime television.’ METRO
Jenni Trent Hughes grew up in Jamaica, moved to America as a teenager and spent over ten years working at Atlantic Records. In New York, her work as a corporate advisor developed into a career as an agony aunt and relationships counsellor. She came to London ten years ago and is constantly in the media, discussing relationship, family, career and political issues. She has appeared on shows including C4’s Perfect Match and Richard and Judy, GMTV’s LK Today and R4’s Woman’s Hour, and presented two series of Live Talk/Loose Women. She now runs her own website, teaandabiscuit.com, and gives seminars on self-improvement.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Element Books, 2004. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0007173709