The plain guide to the clear presentation of written language: punctuation is the ‘nuts and bolts’ of the English language, and here is the ideal everyday companion.
Punctuation has been described as ‘a courtesy designed to help readers understand a story without stumbling’. Included in this essential guide are:
- a Victorian schoolmistress’s 10 Golden Rules Rules of Punctuation
- how to deal with capitalisation, full stops and commas
- mastery of colons, parentheses, dashes, hyohen hassle, questions, exclamations and apostrophes
- the ultimate punctuation test
- witty cartoons by Hunt Emerson
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Graham King was formerly a senior marketing manager with News International, where he developed an understanding of the need to express oneself with clarity. He subsequently created the bestselling Sunday Times One-Hour-Wordpower Library.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Collins. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0007172923. Bookseller Inventory # 9780007172924