Full of helpful expert advice and numerous practical projects, this is a fascinating illustrated guide to encouraging wildlife into your garden, whether you live in the town or in the country.
Our gardens have become an important nature conservation area for animals, insects and plants, especially as many natural habitats are being destroyed. With the help of this practical and inspiring book, you can create not only a fascinating mini nature reserve but also a vibrant and attractive garden.
• The Garden Habitat – introducing wildlife-friendly features and designing your own miniature conservation area.
• Garden Mammals – attracting, feeding and caring for mammals.
• Garden Birds – the variety of birds you can attract to your garden and tips on how to care for them.
• Garden Amphibians and Reptiles – encouraging these species and their roles as pest destroyers.
• Garden Insects and Invertebrates – encouraging insects into the garden to create a healthy garden environment.
Projects and special features include:
– Creating a wildflower meadow
– Looking after injured, baby and hibernating hedgehogs
– Making a bat roost or bat box and siting it
– Developing a wildlife pond
– Planting a butterfly garden
– Filming and photographing wildlife in your garden
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
'a beautifully illustrated and fascinating guide . . . a sheer delight' -- Glasgow Evening Times, February 2004
Attractive, simple to use and concise...full of easily followed instructions with photographs of real gardens. -- BBC Wildlife
Its appeal lies in the fine photographs accompanying the straight-froward text by this well known naturalist. -- Wildfowl & Wetlands
Well illustrated and full of practical projects to encourage wildlife into your garden. -- Garden Answers
Full of helpful expert advice, this fascinating practical guide will show you how to encourage wildlife into your garden, whether you live in the town or the countryside.
Suitable for all gardens and budgets it includes:
Creating a wildlife meadow
Making wildlife ponds
Building bat boxes and bird tables
Tips on identifying species, signs and tracks
Insights on caring for wildlife in trouble.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description HarperCollins UK, 2004. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0007154569
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97800071545621.0