The Collins Practical Gardener series brings you the essential guide to clematis and climbers. From planting to design and care, this book covers every aspect of beautifying your garden with clematis plants.
From species selection to planting and care, all stages of introducing clematis and other climbers to your garden is covered in this essential volume in the Collins Practical Gardener series.
The bulk of the book comprises a comprehensive directory of the most popular varieties of clematis and other climbing plants. Entries include:
• Background information on general characteristics, planting and care
• A visual chart listing the most popular varieties and cultivars, with instantly-accessed information on height, spread, colour of flower, hardiness, moisture and sunlight requirements
• Seasonal guides indicating the flowering season
• A table of plant care with concise advice on soil, site, general care, pruning and pests and diseases
• Expert tip boxes for the best results
The book opens with a practical guide to essential gardening techniques that covers:
• Assessing your plot for soil quality, drainage, sun and shade
• Where to buy and how to tell if the plant is healthy
• When, how and where to plant
• Specialist advice on how best to train climbers
• Creative ideas for planting combinations
• Caring for your plants throughout the year
• Increasing your stock with propagation techniques
The book closes with a section on plant problems, comprising:
• A trouble-shooting flow chart to help identify the problem
• An exhaustive directory of all the pests and diseases you are likely to do battle with
Thorough and stylish, this is the only guide you’ll need when planting clematis in your garden.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Collins, London, United Kingdom, 2003. Limp. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # 006458
Book Description Collins, 2003. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0007146523