A new edition of the essential thesaurus for success in writing in all school subjects, from starting secondary to completing exam coursework.
• Easy-to-use format with alphabetical indicator on each page
• Clear open layout makes it easy to find information
• Thousands of synonyms and antonyms based on Bank of English evidence of which words are actually used in current English
• Short definitions for all main entry words guide users to the right sense
• Examples for all synonyms show how they are used and help students choose the right one for their context
• Word Power feature helps extend students’ vocabulary at the next level
• Themed lists encourage students to use a wider range of words in their written work
• Antonyms feature offers an alternative way of expressing ideas
• Terms from curriculum subjects included
• Extra help given to help students avoid over-use of very common words
• Designed to be the companion to the successful Collins New School Dictionary
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Specifically designed for children Ages 11+From the Back Cover:
• Synonyms and 'word power' features increase your vocabulary
• Real examples give you confidence in your use of language
• Antonyms enhance your language skills
• Themed lists boost your awareness of language
• Wordgames stimulate your enjoyment of language
• Suitable for 11+
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Collins, 2003. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0007143060
Book Description Collins, 2003. Paperback. Book Condition: New. All items inspected and guaranteed. All Orders Dispatched from the UK within one working day. Established business with excellent service record. Bookseller Inventory # mon0000110600