Higher Maths for GCSE offers the most comprehensive preparation for the new Higher tier mathematics course. Written by experienced examiners, this book provides detailed coverage of AQA specifications A and B.
The book includes:
• Clear learning objectives and summaries for each chapter
• Thousands of questions and worked examples
• Coursework tasks to match new Ma1 and Ma4 requirements
• Updated examination questions from all major awarding bodies
• Clear distinction between calculator and non-calculator exercises
• New material on proof
• The perfect resource to achieve your top grade
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
These three books cover all of the material required by the new GCSE syllabuses. They comprise short sections that provide useful short-term goals for pupils and allow teachers to match the books easily to their own course.
• Written specifically for the new GCSE syllabuses.
• Lead author, Brian Speed, is the Chief Examiner for NEAB.
• Exceptional support for Coursework and 100% terminal-examination Options (NEAB syllabuses A and B).
• Continual emphasis on developing mathematical skills.
• Full examination-style tests written by the Chief Examiner.
• Hundreds of exercises.
Throughout the books, maths is applied to everyday contexts and genuinely interesting situations in the real world.
'HIGHER MATHEMATICS FOR GCSE'
• Includes Assignments that will tax your most-able pupils.
• Requires students to work on a larger piece of work, bringing together material from across several chapters.
• Assignments are ideal practice for papers assessing Mal at the end of a GCSE course and as starting points for coursework activities.
Brian Speed was formally Chief Examiner for GCSE maths for AQA(NEAB) and has worked for QCA on KS3 testing; Keith Gordon is Chief Examiner for GCSE mathematics for AQA(A); Kevin Evans is an examiner for GCSE mathematics for AQA(A).
All authors are currently teaching mathematics.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Collins Educational, 2001. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0007115105