From simple first aid to preventative treatments, this book is every parent’s authoritative guide to natural health treatments for children.
For ease of use, the book is in two main sections: -
1. Directory of natural therapies suitable for children.
2. A–Z of childhood ailments – with practical advice and suggested treatments for each condition.
• Aromatherapy • Herbal Treatments • Homeopathy • Naturopathy (such as therapeutic baths) • Nutritional Therapy • Child & Baby Massage • Accupressure • Reflexology • Relaxation for kids •
The range of remedies given for each condition always includes a note of what your GP would prescribe – so parents are fully informed at all times. There’s also clear guidance so parents know which symptoms indicate that a child requires conventional hospital or GP treatment.
Consideration is also given to the needs of the different age groups and temperements too, where relevant.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Foreword by Dr Mary Loveday – respected authority in this field. Introduction by Liz EarleFrom the Back Cover:
'"A wonderful reference source for all the family."
'Treat Your Child the Natural Way' is every parent's authoritative guide to natural health treatments for babies and children.
All babies and children are susceptible to a wide range of ailments in early childhood. Many parents wish to protect and nurture the health of their child using natural remedies – working in sympathy with and supporting the care provided by their family doctor.
Written in consultation with a team of natural health professionals, Amanda Cochrane has created a clear, practical guide to treating babies' and children's health problems the natural way.
• A-Z of common baby and childhood ailments
• Guide to treating children according to their temperament.
• Clear explanation of your child's symptoms
• What your family doctor would prescribe
• A comprehensive guide to the best complementary treatments including acupressure, aromatherapy, child and baby massage, herbal treatments, homoeopathy, naturopathy, therapeutic baths, nutritional therapy, reflexology, relaxation methods.
Amanda Cochrane is a journalist specialising in all forms of natural healing and is the co-author of 'The Encyclopaedia of Flower Remedies' and 'The Principles of Vibrational Healing'.
'"A wealth of useful information for parents… Used regularly, this book will soon become a trusted friend."'
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Thorsons, 2001. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0007110731
Book Description Book Condition: Brand New. Book Condition: Brand New. Bookseller Inventory # 97800071107351.0