The first in a series of workbooks designed to help Key Stage 3 students enjoy using grammar to write and speak well.
Three accompanying workbooks contain motivating grammar avtivities, providing word-level, sentence-level and text-level activities
Value for money: chaper than photocopying the equivalent number of worksheets
Each workbook contains a revision bank section which is iedal preparation for KS3
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
‘The student workbooks offer a clear sense of progression …and are logically organised and accessible for classroom use.’TESFrom the Back Cover:
The 'Collins School Grammar' course consists of:
• 'Three Workbooks' of motivating grammar activities (one per year);
• 'A Reference Grammar' covering key terms, rules and usage (for student or teacher reference).
• 'Ideal Preparation For KS3 SATS:' Provides thorough, progressive activities focused on the SATS.
• 'Authoritative:' reference book for you and your students written in consultation with a Chief Grammarian.
• 'Living Language:' uses the Bank of English database of over 310 million words.
• 'Flexible:' can be used as a course or for ad hoc reinforcement of grammar skills.
• 'Progressive:' one book per year for Key Stage 3 (S1-S3)
• 'Ready-To-Run Homework:' saves you time and promotes active learning
• 'Ideal Revision Tool:' each workbook contains a revision bank section
• 'Cost-Effective:' cheaper than photocopying
'Collins School Grammar' is a complete reference book of grammatical terms and usage. Clearly arranged in alphabetical order, this practical book can be used by students or teachers as the authoritative guide to English grammar.
"The best resource I have seen at this level and I would recommend it to anybody."
CURRICULUM MANAGER FOR COMMUNICATION STUDIES, LANCASHIRE.
John Mannion is Head of English at Elliott School, London and a well-known author. The series consultant is Gill Francis, Chief Grammarian on the Cobuild Project.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Collins Educational, 1997. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # 0003221172